Monday, February 18, 2008

The Times They are a Changin'

First things first.
If you are in some place that gets WAAAAY more snow than we do in Toronto, yes, i know we are spoiled. That is the point of this post! Sorry to start out on the defensive, but, anytime i complain to people from other parts of Canada, I feel the need to defend my hatred of snow. For the record, let me say that it is mainly due to the already horrific GTA traffic conditions, and the chaos that ensues with snow.

Aaaaaanyway.

Here in the GTA, we have had a much tougher winter than normal. It seems to snow every few days and the general consensus is that we are tired of it. Int he past few years we have had it easy here. At no time in th past 5 years did i regret not having snow tires. This year, though... I kinda miss them. We have gotten more snow in February of this year, than we did all of last year.

I remember as a kid growing up that we used to get much more snow. Maybe my memory is coulded by the ipassage of years. Maybe I am only remembering the snowdays of my youth, but, even the family picture albums seem to support this. When I was young my father used to make a skating rink for us in the back-yard. It was an annual tradition. Over the past 10 years we have had very few winters where we could sustain a backyard skating rink.

No comments: